I’ve been reading Kimberly Snyder’s book “Beauty Detox Foods” and absolutely adore it. One of my fave sweet treat flavors, is coconut. And these lovelies are raw, vegan & gluten free. Win-Win-Win.
- 2 cups coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp raw coconut sugar (used instead of stevia)
- 1/2 cup raw coconut nectar
- pinch of sea salt
- In a large bowl, mix together the coconut flakes, cacao powder, coconut sugar, sea salt, and vanilla extract. Add the coconut nectar last and mix well until everything is well-combined.
- Scoop a small amount into hands and roll into shape. This step is a bit messy as the coconut nectar is quite sticky, but that’s part of the fun of cooking!
- Place macaroons into the freezer for a few hours. Sprinkle with some extra coconut flakes and serve cold.